previous / next
return to Elementary Series 7 Index
Big Sandy School, Auberry. This is the new site of the school, built in the early 1920's. It is located west of the junction of Auberry road and Powerhouse Road on the site occupied by the Auberry Elementary School of today. This building survived until 1994 when it was torn down. The site had a two room building and an outside drinking fountain. It was probably the best structure of the mountain schools when it was built.